''We are too open''

Nathan Crown

Harbinger of Chaos and cute stuff collector
Feb 6, 2018
Europe
Content in this thread will contain sensitive topics/words that may be inappropriate for some.

Have you ever thought that we furries are a tad too open when it comes to accepting kinks, fetishes and fandoms interlacing with us?
Take bronies for example. I guess in a way I am a pot calling the kettle black. But it still weirds me out when we get associated with Bronies.
How? Furries and bronies have nothing in common besides the animal aspect. T
his reminds me of my earlier days as a furry, I remember reading a lot about how Scalies were so different than Furries, but now they are one and the same.
Can the same be said about Bronies and other fandoms?

Doesn't it bother you that it is acceptable to have zoophilica, pedophilia, rape as your ''kinks'' in places like F-list?
It for sure sounds unhealthy. None of this is a fact, just my own speculation that is shared willingly.

What are your thoughts on the matter?
Do you think we have become too desensitized even by internet fandom standards?
I'm all ears to hear your opinion on the matter. There is a reason as to why many do debate about it from time to time.

Dragonsorcerer

Artist
Jan 27, 2018
well zoophilic is more acceptable then pedo due to strict rules but for zoophilia was used in our ancient history books

Last edited:

Rin Kyoma

Chief Risk Officer
Artist
Jan 23, 2018
Well i feel there is some grey areas when it comes to bronies, there is a bit of overlap in cosplaying. My main issue is when people "fursuit" as mlp characters at furcon. One year we had 10-20 rainbow dashes, thats 9-19 too many. If you want a mlp style suit thats fine as long as its YOUR character. Save the rainbow dash suit for a mpl con not a furry con. Same goes for trogdor, starfox, or micky mouse, furcons are for fursuits not any and all animal cosplays.

Jan 30, 2018
The fandom has always been a bit on the too accepting side. Its a hard thing to regulate because one persons too much may be another persons standard. I do agree tho things such as beastality / zoophilia / pedophilia should be banned and those who engage in any of it should be reported and shunned. What kink two consenting adults go with is between them but when you start including animals / kids into it your ass need to get help or go to jail or possibly both.

starfoxACEFOX

Chief Executive Officer
Administrator
Jan 23, 2018
Fort Collins, CO, USA
furryraiders.org
As long as it fantasy/consenting adults anything can go. This is the point of free will and expression, but understand the different between though and action.

Furry fandom is mostly a fictional world, here how I see it break down.

Fictional/Fantasy

- Age-play/Cub Art: form of roleplaying in which an individual acts or treats another as if they were a different age
- Zoophilia: Sexual fixation on non-human animals (which good part of Furry Fandom dose) so many furs have a "fixation" over canine dick, art work and bad dragon toys say it all.
- Rape/Abuse Fantasy: Clear both parties need to be consenting for this to happen.

Real Actions/Non-Fictional

- Pedophilia: Adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children (Even so it's an attraction, not an act. It's attraction to human child which is real and could lead to sexual assault unlike "Cubs" which are fictional anthropomorphic animal characters)
- Bestiality: is cross-species sexual activity between human and non-human animals (Theirs big different between yiffing a horse and yiffing a horse dildo, one might end up killing you:LOL:)
- Rape: Sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse or other forms of sexual penetration carried out against a person without that person's consent.

Until person step outside the line of fantasy and commits a crime. We should be welcoming to keep an open dialogue with others and try to help furries before they commit a crime. Shamming other furries for their fantasy will only lead them to darker place in the community and more likely will commit the crimes that we are trying to prevent.

Guil_Hedgehog

Jan 24, 2018
As long as it fantasy/consenting adults anything can go. This is the point of free will and expression, but understand the different between though and action.

Fictional/Fantasy

- Age-play/Cub Art: form of roleplaying in which an individual acts or treats another as if they were a different age
- Zoophilia: Sexual fixation on non-human animals (which good part of Furry Fandom dose) so many furs have a "fixation" over canine dick, art work and bad dragon toys say it all.
- Rape/Abuse Fantasy: Clear both parties need to be consenting for this to happen.

- Pedophilia: Adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children (Even so it's an attraction, not an act. It's attraction to human child which is real and could lead to sexual assault unlike "Cubs" which are fictional anthropomorphic animal characters)
- Bestiality: is cross-species sexual activity between human and non-human animals (Theirs big different between yiffing a horse and yiffing a horse dildo, one might end up killing you:LOL:)
- Rape: Sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse or other forms of sexual penetration carried out against a person without that person's consent.

Until person step outside the line of fantasy and commits a crime. We should be welcoming to keep an open dialogue with others and try to help furries before they commit a crime. Shamming other furries for their fantasy will only lead them to darker place in the community and more likely will commit the crimes that we are trying to prevent.
>Death by Horse cock

a way for a fox to die happy :ROFLMAO:

nikolinni

Jan 26, 2018
Rape art has always bugged the fresh hell out of me. Seriously.

It's one thing if it's like, a roleplay or whatever, as I can kinda be okay with that as it's two adults consenting.

But the art where a character is clearly being violated against their will is just...no. I'm sorry. Rape is an extremely traumatic thing and leaves severe mental scars on the victims. Also to throw this out there, Rape is more about power over the victim and that feeling of loss of control and violation - in fact a story I used to work on had a scene where a character gets telepathically invaded by another, and I ended up removing some of the thoughts/feelings of the victim because I felt it came too close to a rape allegory, which would not have been my intention.

I get that it's just a "fantasy" when it comes to art...but I dunno. Maybe it has more to do with my definitions? As I feel rape is like, being forced into doing something that you don't want to do. Perhaps in the kink scene rape has a different nomenclature.

Also stop using rape as a backstory in your stories. I don't have any specific examples for the fandom - well maybe aside from ex-Raider Perri's story but that's heavy spoiler territory - but I know this is definitely going down in fandom fiction. The reason why I don't like it is that it's often used as cheap "LOOK AT HOW TERRIBLE THIS WORLD IS/WHAT A POOR VICTIM THIS CHARACTER IS/HOW EVIL THE RAPIST IS!" fodder.

You are all also now aware of the criminal underuse of the expression "fresh hell".

Blazin Braixen

Jan 26, 2018
Yeah, I think beastiality/pedophilia is obviously where we should draw the line.

Hell, even scat/watersports should be shunned, because bodily fluids are disgusting, and most people really dont need to know about that shit.

>Death by Horse cock

a way for a fox to die happy :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I have no clue why anyone would legit want to take a horsecock up their ass. I mean, there's no way that it would even be able to fit in there anyway, and even if it could, that shit would most likely kill you.

Guil_Hedgehog

Jan 24, 2018
Yeah, I think beastiality/pedophilia is obviously where we should draw the line.

Hell, even scat/watersports should be shunned, because bodily fluids are disgusting, and most people really dont need to know about that shit.

Yeah, I have no clue why anyone would legit want to take a horsecock up their ass. I mean, there's no way that it would even be able to fit in there anyway, and even if it could, that shit would most likely kill you.
do tell, just because you have a animal mascot, or a costume of an animal, doesn't legally makes you an animal for beastiality (fun fact, gonorrhea originated from dogs, and now it's on humans thanks to some dogfucker)

plus pedophilia is straight up nono, kids are not on that stage of life yet and nor should they be exposed to any of these things at all, heck, even pedophiles themselves are monsters (and yet some mentally challenged wankstain on the MSM or some SJW dimension of media has the guts to defend them)

and don't get me started on Scat, watersports or anything of the matter, how the jesus christ is human waste something sexual? apart from being extremely unhealthy and diseases such as e. coli and other forms of bacterial infections, especially if it's someone in the open wearing a diaper (which could either mean guy has some problem such as bowel cancer, or god forbid if it's intentional)

and the best part of it all, people such as the ones on MSM are first to jump on everyone that "if there;s a few that do that stuff, then all the furries are the same" mindset, regardless of the bigger picture

starfoxACEFOX

Chief Executive Officer
Administrator
Jan 23, 2018
Fort Collins, CO, USA
furryraiders.org
I know too many furries that are into watersports, which I can see why people with canine fursona do it, because real life canine do it. I can't count how many times in last 10 years my male huskies have piss on my stuff. That reason they can't come inside my house anymore.

KiraSnowmew

Feb 17, 2018
South Arkansas
Imo art isnt a representation of life so if as furries you get something like say cub commissioned it doesn't automatically mean you fuck kids. It is all a matter on perspective. However saying this I will also add this is NOT a kink of mine but just an example

Zashisuru

Feb 18, 2018
beta.furrynetwork.com
unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your views) opinions cannot be used to substantiate rules or laws. No matter how disgusting YOU personally think something is, there's someone else who will disagree entirely. You have to choose things that can be semi-logically defended (such as the difference between fantasy and art and actual acts). Just because you don't like scat doesn't mean you can just outlaw it. You can choose to avoid it, sure, but you have no right to tell people what to do or not do with their own bodily excretions in their own private space. Just because you don't like the idea of cubs or children having sex does not mean you can suddenly tell an artist that their preferred commissions are banned. You can only judge people on the acts they do in the real world, not in art or fantasy. Punishing people for thought crime is also a double edged sword: people can just as easily say what YOU do is disgusting and banned.

TL;DR: Strong emotion does not equal regulation.

PaleoPriest

Feb 6, 2018
Vilnius, Lithuania
I cannot understand how can any creature/human, who is significantly less conscious, be viewed as a sexual partner. Basically kids, animals, mentaly ill people are a big NO NO to me. Though fantasy animals or pokemons or whatevs, who is basicaly a normal adult human with more fluff can be quite good imaginary partners. Therefore I think it is a very good idea to draw a line by looking at a persons targeted sexual partner's consciousness level. Even if they are a tentacle monster, but could have a phd in mathematics, they are an OK. But if they are, for example, very human like in looks, but acts like a baby or puppy, it is a NO.

Zashisuru

Feb 18, 2018
beta.furrynetwork.com
I agree to a large degree, if it doesn't have the capacity to forgo it's desires until it's considered the act then it honestly shouldn't be participating in it with a human. That only pertains to real live however, people's fantasies aren't my problem lol

The Naugthy Coyote

Because i am Batman!
Artist
Jan 26, 2018
Panama
www.furaffinity.net

Fictional/Fantasy

Furry fic: everything fix
real life: broken on two pieces

This argument would be enough, but the new generation, raised in Kindergarten with antibacterial gel, belief that the free expression is dangerous, because ""nazis did manipulated germans in the 40's""; however no one of then know about story for realize that in Germany of the 40's the free speech didn't exist, because the state had control over everything, now the "millenials" are claiming for control and censorship.

The Naugthy Coyote

Because i am Batman!
Artist
Jan 26, 2018
Panama
www.furaffinity.net
Content in this thread will contain sensitive topics/words that may be inappropriate for some.

Have you ever thought that we furries are a tad too open when it comes to accepting kinks, fetishes and fandoms interlacing with us?
Take bronies for example. I guess in a way I am a pot calling the kettle black. But it still weirds me out when we get associated with Bronies.
How? Furries and bronies have nothing in common besides the animal aspect. T
his reminds me of my earlier days as a furry, I remember reading a lot about how Scalies were so different than Furries, but now they are one and the same.
Can the same be said about Bronies and other fandoms?

Doesn't it bother you that it is acceptable to have zoophilica, pedophilia, rape as your ''kinks'' in places like F-list?
It for sure sounds unhealthy. None of this is a fact, just my own speculation that is shared willingly.

What are your thoughts on the matter?
Do you think we have become too desensitized even by internet fandom standards?
I'm all ears to hear your opinion on the matter. There is a reason as to why many do debate about it from time to time.

Furry fandom its just a mirror of real life, if the people in RL are intolerant there, here also will be intolerant.

Zashisuru

Feb 18, 2018
beta.furrynetwork.com
This presents a paradox though. if we're supposed to be accepting and tolerant people, do we tolerate the intolerant? The usual (unfortunately) answer is yes, but it should be no. If you tolerate intolerance then we can't say that we're very tolerant due to those that we allowed in being intolerant. I know it seems weird because you can never be 100% tolerant. You have to not be tolerant of intolerance to be tolerant of everything else, but being intolerant of intolerance means you aren't completely tolerant. You have to pick the weakest poison if that makes sense. It's better to tell the extremely intolerant people to leave so that the ones who remain are the more tolerant ones, otherwise it just goes back to being the same as everywhere else.

Kitthesoulless

Feb 23, 2018
California, USA
wow, this topic was a fairly huge one. o.o Pretty late to the party on my end, but want to put in my 2 cents.

Yes, furries are fairly tolerant, we accept a great deal but I wouldn't say we are 'too tolerant' on a lot of things. I've seen a good deal of people shunned for their kinks, even when said kink doesn't affect others.A lot of the examples given here in fact. I personally portray my own fursona as being a lot younger than I am and have been accused of being a pedophile for that, similarly I've portrayed myself as a feral and was accused of being a 'dog fucker'.

As for scat and watersports, my personal stance is "ew! Nope!" but I also know people who are into that. So long as it doesn't become an issue of "Oh man, you have to try it!" then it's fine, live and let live.

Art is art, what it depicts might not be your cup of tea, but it hurts no one when it comes down to it so long as the depiction isn't actually hurting someone and seriously, I mean a real person, not the character being depicted.

As for tolerating intolerance? Not exactly a catch 22 but it can be seen as one pretty easily. If you do not tolerate the intolerant then you yourself are intolerant. You can, however, freely tolerate those who are intolerant by simply accepting that they are such and moving on. Give those who are intolerant a chance to speak instead of trying to do to them what they will likely try to do to you. Be the better person and show others that there is a better way, rather than trying to silence or defame those who would treat you as a lesser being.