Statement on Politics and the Furry Fandom (or What i want to know)

Join the Raiders
It's as simple as signing up for a new account (or using your existing social media account) and making an introductory post.
Learn More

Alexlaligre

furryraiders.org
Website
alexpierresaii.wixsite.com
What I want to know exactly is why the fuck we can't have a political standard in the furry fandom without having an alt to it.

Further than just that is the amounting evidence of hate outside of the fandom that is there from Threats to bomb plantings in what name.

And in what name can we give ourselves for being a proponent or opponent for something we may not even understand.

Yet, we see neo-Nazism all over the place, including the White House, it is called anti-Semitism. Drawing a swastika on a bathroom door.

Than calling Muslims and Middle Easterners Terrorists when not all of them are.

We call out the advancements in diversity but not everywhere is truly as diverse as it seems. I am native, European-Canadian descent and bisexual with mental health problems, including Asperger's Syndrome, yet I am not acting as insanely as DPRK's president or the POTUS.

We can do more to advance diversity but we also have to ditch being politically correct because it is fucking us all up.

We stand here saying as furs that we are diverse, we are, but there are factions that do not believe that we should be inclusive in the sense that our lives should be at stake or causing cons to shut their doors.

I am appreciative of the fandom, but I hate it when people use it to spread their fearful and insulting message, or to rape a kid, or to hide behind so they can get away with something.

The fandom is not here for criminals, neo-nazis or just any asshole whom wants to hide behind it. It is here for people, by people, and so us, the furries, can unite and do good, have fun, and also share our beliefs and similarities. Show our love of anthro arts to the world, not spread hate and torment in which it was never meant to do.

People need to stop using the fandom as a platform for themselves and start thinking about everybody.

Rainfurrest closed its doors due to what happened with them, RMFC has cancelled their con because of the issue, and this may continue if the fandom cannot ban together and say when enough is enough and throw out the alt-righters that are causing this divide to occur and the people whom use it to hide behind.

We have to be prepared to say no to these people and if they get offended and claim freedom of speech and political.. bullshit than we continue to piss them off until they leave or change their ways.

We cannot act blindly either though and cannot use the media to our advantage. But the media cannot purport us to be sluts in costumes. The media cannot claim that all of us are rapists and pedophiles.

The fandom is a unique diverse community and lifestyle and should remain that without politics or assholes influencing us.

Nevertheless we should also be able to reserve the right to ban those whom do not support an inclusive and diverse environment and only wish to tear it all up.

End of statement.

furryraiders.org
1. The alt right is not the only ones at fault the SJW left is as well. In fact ide go so far to say the only reason we are seeing a rise in the " alt right " is due to the constant barage of bull shit thrown at people who they do not see as marginalized and they are just getting sick of it so they join groups with people who wont constantly shit on them simply for existing. Imo The alt right is just a symptom from an issue the left is causing.
2. Politics should not be in the fandom at all.
3. We do not see Neo Nazism all over the place. The media takes small issues and blows them way out of proportion. Anti semitisim does not instantly = nazi. Drawing a swastika on a door does not = nazi. calling all muslims a terrorist is a dick move but does not make you nazi either.
4. Comparing Trump to Kim is really dishonest. one has active labor camps and kills families on the regular of people who try to run away from his failing country where they are currently starving to death. Trump has not done any thing even remotely similar and in fact has increased wages / lowered the unemployment numbers and stock market is currently at record highs.
5. The fandom has always been accepting to a fault but who is to say who can and cannot join? Who is the gate keeper of the fandom? Answer is no one. If you dont like a person in the fandom dont associate with them and if you see them doing something illegal report them to the police but you do not have the position to tell them they cannot be in the fandom. If people were just allowed to kick others out im sure a lot of us here would of been ousted long ago for not following the bs sjw naritive that has been sweeping the fandom over the last few years.

Guil_Hedgehog

furryraiders.org
imo, the idea of the whole fandom being plagued by enforced left wing politics isn't really all that alarming to me at this point, cause if you take a look around what we know and love such as movies, videogames, music and etc, they all are plagued with SJWs, Feminism and whatever else the left could shit onto they touch

with that in mind, people would get sick of it and thus groups like alt right and alt furry would grow, as we reject the left wing imposed "communism"(aka left wing fascism), and thus we get called nazis for it

also with the fact that we at times be pounded as Nazis all the time when we aren't, as Foxler adopted the style to troll them definitively makes it a genius move

starfoxACEFOX

Chief Executive Officer
Administrator
furryraiders.org
Website
furryraiders.org
It's even more simple then all this, furries attack other furries for their personal ideas or how they express it, so stop attacking others. Also community leader need stop picking sides and play neutral card. Then everything will be better, not that hard. We at Furry Raiders try our hardest to be same way.

So if some fem boy want to dress up with pink color hair and slutty outfit, whatever do that thing, I'm not going to yiff it. Same goes for someone that wants to run around with communism flag or pawprint armband, fine do whatever you want. If someone going to run around naked in hotel lobby, ya time to get cops down here.

Now if furries are going to harass others, scream names cross hotel con, or attack someone, then yes by all mean boot them fuck out. If they have problem with someone deal with it in civil manner (ask for mediator) or don't do it at all. If they run off and cry about it on their own time, then no one is obligated to listen.

Harenun Hoppus

furryraiders.org
Website
www.furaffinity.net
Furries in many cases like to cause drama to the dismay of many and also form into cliques that best suits them further splintering some parts of the fandom. And for the record, both sides of the extreme are acting like retards which will discredit each side like some tug of war while the classical liberals, centrists, libertarian right are being overshadowed by them which is sad. Furries should at least show some of that free speech advocacy as an important stepping stone to understanding one another in the marketplace of ideas, let the public hear both and see what makes more sense in reality's terms.

Alexlaligre

furryraiders.org
Website
What I was saying is that politics in any form does not belong at all, if it is that the opinions of a person are expressed, fine, I accept such, but what I said was in relation to the exact reasons it should have never been involved. I was also discussing the issue of using the fandom for negative purposes and so on and that it should not taint the whole fandom. If it is so problematic, to the point we cannot discuss it, than we might as will not include it at all, including on twitter.

Guil_Hedgehog

furryraiders.org
What I was saying is that politics in any form does not belong at all, if it is that the opinions of a person are expressed, fine, I accept such, but what I said was in relation to the exact reasons it should have never been involved. I was also discussing the issue of using the fandom for negative purposes and so on and that it should not taint the whole fandom. If it is so problematic, to the point we cannot discuss it, than we might as will not include it at all, including on twitter.
agreed, we aren't just toys for someone's political agenda

nikolinni

furryraiders.org
Alright you all should see this coming ,and I might as well be the one to say it 'cause someone will say it. You can't expressly get rid of politics entirely, as art and entertainment has always had a political edge to it. For older examples see works like 1984, Animal Farm, Candide, and if you want some good religious satire that doesn't repeat the same talking points, Tartuffe and Decameron are pretty solid.

But, as far as politics becoming more center-stage and taking on its new, didactic form? Yeah that can definitely go take a hike. It shouldn't have been a surprise that this happened though, what with the 2016 election and progressives shoving political agendas into EVERYTHING. But this "at the other side's throat!" aspect really needs to be taken out back and given the Old Yeller treatment, 'cause it ain't helpin' things at all.

And yeah, we aren't political toys. This goes for the right as much as it does for the left. Attempt to use the fandom for your own political gain and watch how quick you'll get knocked for it by someone.

Alexlaligre

furryraiders.org
Website
Alright you all should see this coming ,and I might as well be the one to say it 'cause someone will say it. You can't expressly get rid of politics entirely, as art and entertainment has always had a political edge to it. For older examples see works like 1984, Animal Farm, Candide, and if you want some good religious satire that doesn't repeat the same talking points, Tartuffe and Decameron are pretty solid.

But, as far as politics becoming more center-stage and taking on its new, didactic form? Yeah that can definitely go take a hike. It shouldn't have been a surprise that this happened though, what with the 2016 election and progressives shoving political agendas into EVERYTHING. But this "at the other side's throat!" aspect really needs to be taken out back and given the Old Yeller treatment, 'cause it ain't helpin' things at all.

And yeah, we aren't political toys. This goes for the right as much as it does for the left. Attempt to use the fandom for your own political gain and watch how quick you'll get knocked for it by someone.
I wasn't saying that politics is not required in any means, or in arts, I was saying that politics in its mainstream everyday thing does not belong in the fandom. Yes, some arts are politicized, I'm doing one right now for Artist Alley at Furnal Equinox, Canis Lupus Canadensis (Canadian Wolf) which implements parts of the Canadian flag and aboriginal culture, the wolf representing patience, a light blue background in the area of the wolf (representing the quote A Mari usque Ad Mare (From Sea to Sea)).

Further, the Pride Flag Colours representing acceptance of not just the LGBT community, but differences as will, and the Transgender Flag, representing the acceptance of different genders, which are contemporary (new) acceptances.

The other I am working on is wolves and the foxen son (Foxen as an adaptation from Vixen to remove gender assumptions, son can be assumed as a FTM or Male, or Herm), the wolves being polyamorous and the fox being adopted, the female wolfs' gender not visibly shown, the males visibly showed, during rough play, and the fox laying in the snow, in a field, in colours of the northern lights, aside the lights is entangled colour patterns of earth tones and the colours representing the four winds (aboriginal tradition).

Now, tell me, if it is that I said that politics should be removed from art entirely, when that was not implied, why would I implement it into some of my works.

nikolinni

furryraiders.org
I wasn't saying that politics is not required in any means, or in arts, I was saying that politics in its mainstream everyday thing does not belong in the fandom. Yes, some arts are politicized, I'm doing one right now for Artist Alley at Furnal Equinox, Canis Lupus Canadensis (Canadian Wolf) which implements parts of the Canadian flag and aboriginal culture, the wolf representing patience, a light blue background in the area of the wolf (representing the quote A Mari usque Ad Mare (From Sea to Sea)).

Further, the Pride Flag Colours representing acceptance of not just the LGBT community, but differences as will, and the Transgender Flag, representing the acceptance of different genders, which are contemporary (new) acceptances.

The other I am working on is wolves and the foxen son (Foxen as an adaptation from Vixen to remove gender assumptions, son can be assumed as a FTM or Male, or Herm), the wolves being polyamorous and the fox being adopted, the female wolfs' gender not visibly shown, the males visibly showed, during rough play, and the fox laying in the snow, in a field, in colours of the northern lights, aside the lights is entangled colour patterns of earth tones and the colours representing the four winds (aboriginal tradition).

Now, tell me, if it is that I said that politics should be removed from art entirely, when that was not implied, why would I implement it into some of my works.
I wasn't saying that you were pushing for that but I decided to just throw that out there because that's usually a common talking point people throw out