Possible fixes to our current Government

Howlett Fang

Jan 24, 2018
This problem can start to be solved with TERM LIMITATIONS the president is expressly limited to 8 years or 2 terms, where as a lot of our house of representatives have been in office longer than my dad has been alive. To fix this we need our ruling body to be severely limited in what they do and how long they do it, not only that but the position should not make more than an hourly wage of 20-24 dollars an hour. I know that seems extreme but sometimes extreme measures are necessary to fix a problem, they should be elected by the people to represent this country at the house with a term limit of no more that 16 years with an election held every 8 years. Furthermore they are limited to 2 terms as either a representative or the president, this means that they can either spend 2 terms as a representative or 2 terms the president or 1 term as a representative and 1 term as the president, after which they are done and no longer eligible for any kind of benefits from said position and can not run for office again.

Companies should no longer be allowed to vote, no business should have any right to vote period or be able to funnel money into a campaign or have any kind of involvment with the politics. The electorial college is a bad joke that needs to go away and we need to insure that votes are not lost, miscounted or dirtied by a system that does not work.

Now idk if this is how it works or should work but here is my thoughts on this. To fix the problem a whole new voting system needs to be implemented, things that would stay the same are voter must be 18 years or older and be a valid US citizen.
Voters would now be required to register to what would be called the Voters Protection Agency(VPA), this agency will require proof that the individual registering is 1) who they say they are, by providing a legal US ID from any 1 of the 50 states and 2) providing proof of citizenship.
This Agency would search for death certificates as well on their own to insure the individual registering is not dead or listed as dead if they are who they say they are. Basically voters would now be vetted to be able to vote it would suck but it is the only way I can see to fix the voting issues now. Registered voters will receive a confidential voter ID number, this ID number will be federally protected and can not legally be shared with anyone else to do so would be a misdemeanor crime, these ID numbers are given one time at registration and last the duration of your life ( V.P.A would check every voting cycle to insure the voter is still alive by means of a survey and by checking the federal database to find death certificates Lying about this would be a felony offense.) This Voters ID card and your State issued lisence would be need to be shown at the polling centers to insure voters are who they say they are.

The new voting system would be connected to a data base that is an Issolated connection, any all votes cast will be on a secure read only server that automatically tallies the votes of the people the only thing that the V.P.A can see is who the tallied votes went to and the only thing they can do is enter candidate names and info pertaining to the campaign.

nikolinni

Jan 26, 2018
This problem can start to be solved with TERM LIMITATIONS the president is expressly limited to 8 years or 2 terms, where as a lot of our house of representatives have been in office longer than my dad has been alive. To fix this we need our ruling body to be severely limited in what they do and how long they do it, not only that but the position should not make more than an hourly wage of 20-24 dollars an hour. I know that seems extreme but sometimes extreme measures are necessary to fix a problem, they should be elected by the people to represent this country at the house with a term limit of no more that 16 years with an election held every 8 years. Furthermore they are limited to 2 terms as either a representative or the president, this means that they can either spend 2 terms as a representative or 2 terms the president or 1 term as a representative and 1 term as the president, after which they are done and no longer eligible for any kind of benefits from said position and can not run for office again.
This is a good idea, at least as far as term limits goes. I'm not too sure about cutting benefits off completely, but when you say "run for office" does that just mean going for any seat in the House of Reps or does that extend to all political positions? IE mayor, governor, president, etc?

Companies should no longer be allowed to vote, no business should have any right to vote period or be able to funnel money into a campaign or have any kind of involvement with the politics. The electoral college is a bad joke that needs to go away and we need to insure that votes are not lost, miscounted or dirtied by a system that does not work.
What do you mean? Companies "Can't vote" - do you mean higher ups in the corporation? Like a CEO or President? This is actually a crucial thing to clarify. As far as businesses "funneling money", well the main issue with that is donations to a campaign is seen as an extension of the 1st amendment, as you are in a way voicing your support for a candidate via funding. This is one of the main road blocks of "getting the money out of politics", as if you cut out donations entirely you'd more than likely have to exclude non-corporate entities. And the idea of keeping businesses out of politics is fine - but what about the reverse? Should politics, then, stay out of business? A sort of "Separation of Economics and State" that some like Ayn Rand have advocated?

Also, how is the electoral college broken and a joke of a system? If you're going to be making claims, you should back them up. For me, I see the point and purpose of it - it's to stop a "Tyranny of the Majority" as the common alternative suggested - one person, one vote - would make it so large concentrations of population can make all the decisions. Unless things are deiced once everyone votes unanimously, which at that point you might as well advocate for anarchy because that would actually lead to something happening.

I don't think the college needs to be thrown out. Tweaked? Sure. But not thrown out.

Now idk if this is how it works or should work but here is my thoughts on this. To fix the problem a whole new voting system needs to be implemented, things that would stay the same are voter must be 18 years or older and be a valid US citizen.

Voters would now be required to register to what would be called the Voters Protection Agency(VPA), this agency will require proof that the individual registering is 1) who they say they are, by providing a legal US ID from any 1 of the 50 states and 2) providing proof of citizenship.

This Agency would search for death certificates as well on their own to insure the individual registering is not dead or listed as dead if they are who they say they are. Basically voters would now be vetted to be able to vote it would suck but it is the only way I can see to fix the voting issues now. Registered voters will receive a confidential voter ID number, this ID number will be federally protected and can not legally be shared with anyone else to do so would be a misdemeanor crime, these ID numbers are given one time at registration and last the duration of your life ( V.P.A would check every voting cycle to insure the voter is still alive by means of a survey and by checking the federal database to find death certificates Lying about this would be a felony offense.) This Voters ID card and your State issued lisence would be need to be shown at the polling centers to insure voters are who they say they are.

The new voting system would be connected to a data base that is an Issolated connection, any all votes cast will be on a secure read only server that automatically tallies the votes of the people the only thing that the V.P.A can see is who the tallied votes went to and the only thing they can do is enter candidate names and info pertaining to the campaign.
You're essentially arguing in favor of Voter ID laws. Look more into that - there's lots of politicians arguing for tightening up on cases of election fraud. Also you mention that the voters are going to be vetted - does this extend past verifying the person's identity or other measures?

Also, it would behoove you to look more into properly structuring arguments, paragraphs, and sentences. This can help make things flow easier for your readers, and it also cuts out the potential Alt-Write/Grammar Nazi responses.

Howlett Fang

Jan 24, 2018
This is a good idea, at least as far as term limits goes. I'm not too sure about cutting benefits off completely, but when you say "run for office" does that just mean going for any seat in the House of Reps or does that extend to all political positions? IE mayor, governor, president, etc?

What do you mean? Companies "Can't vote" - do you mean higher ups in the corporation? Like a CEO or President? This is actually a crucial thing to clarify. As far as businesses "funneling money", well the main issue with that is donations to a campaign is seen as an extension of the 1st amendment, as you are in a way voicing your support for a candidate via funding. This is one of the main road blocks of "getting the money out of politics", as if you cut out donations entirely you'd more than likely have to exclude non-corporate entities. And the idea of keeping businesses out of politics is fine - but what about the reverse? Should politics, then, stay out of business? A sort of "Separation of Economics and State" that some like Ayn Rand have advocated?

Also, how is the electoral college broken and a joke of a system? If you're going to be making claims, you should back them up. For me, I see the point and purpose of it - it's to stop a "Tyranny of the Majority" as the common alternative suggested - one person, one vote - would make it so large concentrations of population can make all the decisions. Unless things are deiced once everyone votes unanimously, which at that point you might as well advocate for anarchy because that would actually lead to something happening.

I don't think the college needs to be thrown out. Tweaked? Sure. But not thrown out.

You're essentially arguing in favor of Voter ID laws. Look more into that - there's lots of politicians arguing for tightening up on cases of election fraud. Also you mention that the voters are going to be vetted - does this extend past verifying the person's identity or other measures?

Also, it would behoove you to look more into properly structuring arguments, paragraphs, and sentences. This can help make things flow easier for your readers, and it also cuts out the potential Alt-Write/Grammar Nazi responses.

Sigh, i hate writing on a phone.... i cant phrase things or see things the way i need to see them...

Jerry Husky

Feb 3, 2018
Overturn Citizens United and get money out of politics.