Join the Raiders
It's as simple as signing up for a new account (or using your existing social media account) and making an introductory post.
Learn More

MFF 2018?

Harenun Hoppus

Jan 25, 2018
Asia
www.furaffinity.net
I have gotten some info that MFF happens usually late in the year, Im just wondering what do I expect if I do come there, is it worth the plane trips, the money I will be possibly splurging while there? Remember, I live on the other side of the planet so I have little knowledge on american conventions.

Harenun Hoppus

Jan 25, 2018
Asia
www.furaffinity.net
Our local ones are different from how I see it, from numerous anime conventions to the odd furry convention that happens on some part of the year. I think I'm ready to venture out my borders to see what's up on the outside

Behawolf

Jan 26, 2018
MMF is the current record holder for largest furry convention. And it's only probably getting larger. I plan on at least trying to attend. Granted I need to get finances in order for it.

I want to go just for the experience really.

Jolt Squirrel

Chief Learning Officer
Administrator
Jan 23, 2018
I have attended MFF 2015, so I will tell you about some of my experience.

To answer your questions:
1 - MFF is currently the largest con and it has the whole big con vibe going for it - crowded, packed with activity, lots of fursuiters, dealers, events and so forth. The best thing for them to do is move to the convention center next door to the Hyatt Regency O'Hare.

2 - Is it worth it? That depends on what you are looking for. Big cons tend to be chaotic and it's hard to keep up with a lot of things.

3 - Expect to splurge down some money down at a furry event, especially when browsing through the dealer's room. Food costs vary from restaurant to restaurant, and looking around for may be a good option to cut costs. And don't expect to get a room at the main hotel - that gets sold out fast.

As ever, feel free to ask me any questions about my experience in an American con.

Harenun Hoppus

Jan 25, 2018
Asia
www.furaffinity.net
I have attended MFF 2015, so I will tell you about some of my experience.

To answer your questions:
1 - MFF is currently the largest con and it has the whole big con vibe going for it - crowded, packed with activity, lots of fursuiters, dealers, events and so forth. The best thing for them to do is move to the convention center next door to the Hyatt Regency O'Hare.

2 - Is it worth it? That depends on what you are looking for. Big cons tend to be chaotic and it's hard to keep up with a lot of things.

3 - Expect to splurge down some money down at a furry event, especially when browsing through the dealer's room. Food costs vary from restaurant to restaurant, and looking around for may be a good option to cut costs. And don't expect to get a room at the main hotel - that gets sold out fast.

As ever, feel free to ask me any questions about my experience in an American con.
Thanks, I'll still need to negotiate with my boss if I can go to the US with a discounted air fare, I will need to work on my tourist visa and all that stuff. And especially save money from my job to at least do well when im there, or even room with some furries kind enough to.