G'day!

Jasper

Of The Summer Court
Jan 24, 2018
Kirksville, MO
Howdy! My name's Jasper, a fairly new member of this community. I'm an industrial/organizational psychology undergrad student, with a minor in art. I'm quite interested in the study of furries; there isn't as much research as I'd expect, and I'm excited at the thought of expanding the narrow field. I've worked previously with Anthro Northwest on a research paper regarding fursuiting itself; the success of that has catalyzed future research I plan on conducting and hopefully publishing in a peer-reviewed journal. Furs are a fascinating subculture, and there could be useful or otherwise important discoveries to be found through studying our own behavior.
I've only been an 'official' furry since last September, but I've been lurking in the fandom since, oh, 2013? For a long time, I was in the crowd of Pokemon furs, before finally biting the bullet and creating my sona, the Shiba Inu seen in my profile picture. I'm a classical liberal, proud member of Alt-Furry, and while I don't have terribly much experience with the Raiders (yet,) I quite like the folks here and fully support the group's principals.
Anyway, that's a good summary of who I am. It's a pleasure to meet y'all!

Twitter

Sagerun Okina

Chief Su͜r̀r̸e̶alist҉ ́Officer ~ Ya Boi Sage
Jan 24, 2018
Arizona
omfgdogs.com
I love that enthusiasm in the beginning.
I'm not sure if you read you read Furries Among US, but there is plenty of published research on Furries in there. (Try to read both volumes if you can)

Jasper

Of The Summer Court
Jan 24, 2018
Kirksville, MO
I love that enthusiasm in the beginning.
I'm not sure if you read you read Furries Among US, but there is plenty of published research on Furries in there. (Try to read both volumes if you can)
I've actually got both volumes sitting on a shelf above my monitor, alongside Joe Strike's Furry Nation! Last semester, I obsessively hunted down every article, study, paper, or text written by a credible source on furry psychology; there are only a dozen, give or take, and almost all of them are tied to the IARP. Hell, before my own research paper, there was absolutely nothing on the psychological effects and/or reasons of fursuiting. (Which is why I'm re-running it as a full study next year and getting it published.) There's so much fascinating [deviant] behavior in this fandom for me to get my paws dirty with, I love it!